The MDS setting head provides fully automatic assembly of BPR rivet ball studs or bolt-shaped rivet fasteners in the tool.
The setting head is a fully automatic system for the processing of rivet ball studs in stamping and forming tools.
Advantages of the BPR setting head for rivet ball studs
- Quick and easy integration into the tool
- Quick tool modification due to the plug-and-play system of the supply lines
- Operation in combination with A000 feeding units by MDS-AUTORIV
- Direct query of the ball studs in all positions of the setting head
- Maintenance-friendly design, protective covers and seals can easily be removed
- Robust, wear-resistant design
- Tried-and-tested, reliable technology
Setting head BPR: For rivet ball studs or bolt-shaped rivet elements
General functionality of the setting head for rivet ball studs
The MDS | AUTORIV A100 Assembly System BPR setting head is integrated into the stamping tool and forming tool. The name BPR stands for Ball Pin Rivet.
The automatic supply of the ball studs happens via a pneumatic pusher.
The ball studs are thereby perched into the sheet. To guarantee a straight position of the BPR rivet ball stud, this rivet ball stud is encased by the plunger. A direct query of the ball studs is possible in all positions. Usually, the ball studs are pressed into the sheet from bottom to top, but customized solutions are available as well.
The feed of the fasteners and the electrical components are located outside of tool's danger zone. Thus, the large bunker can be refilled with rivet ball studs or bolt-shaped rivet elements by the operator without interrupting the cycle.
The supervisory control gives the release signal for the setting process. The setting process only starts when a rivet ball stud is in setting position. It is not possible to perform a no-load stroke.
Depending on the requirements, one or more setting heads are integrated into the tool and are timed by the tool movement.
BPR setting head - Technical Specifications
|BPR setting head for ball studs or bolt-shaped elements|
|Installation width||50 / 60 / 70 / 80 mm|
|Pneumatic supply||6 bar via feed unit|
|Electric supply||24 V / DC via feed unit|
|Press-in force / -distance||tool-based|
|Cycle time *||up to 40 cycles / min|
|Projecting edge / possible component depth||according to customer's wish|
|Operating direction||vertically from bottom to top|
|Product type||Fastener||Operating direction|
|BPR||rivet bolt, rivet ball stud||vertikal nach oben|
Special adaptations of the AUTORIV A100 setting heads are available upon request at any time.
*Based on a standard fastener and ideal conditions specified by MDS.
BPR setting head with tried-and-tested quick-change system
The quick-change system of the AUTORIV A100 setting heads has proven itself for many years and is characterized by the following qualities:
- Coupling and decoupling of the setting head and the tool with one central connecting plug.
- Dismantling and installing the setting head as one unit (fixing via alignment system)
- Supply of fasteners via an easily connectable shot tube.
AUTORIV A100: setting heads - customized special solutions